This facility is for allotment of Instant PAN (on near-real time basis) for those applicants who possess a valid Aadhaar number. PAN is issued in PDF format to applicants, which is free of cost.
The applicant is required to type in her/his valid Aadhaar number and submit the OTP generated on the registered mobile number. Once the process is complete, a 15-digit acknowledgment number is generated. Once request is submitted, the applicant can check the status of the request at any time by providing her/his valid Aadhaar number and on successful allotment can download the PAN. The applicant will also receive a copy of the PAN in the e-mail id registered with the Aadhaar database.
How to apply for instant PAN
- To apply for PAN, please visit the e-Filing website of Income-tax department. (Url: www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in)
- Click the link- ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar’.
- Click the link- ‘Get New PAN’.
- Fill in your Aadhaar in the space provided, enter captcha and confirm.
- The applicant will receive an OTP on the registered Aadhaar mobile number; submit this OTP in the text box on the webpage.
- After submission, an acknowledgement number will be generated. Please keep this acknowledgment number for future reference.
- On successful completion, a message will be sent to the applicant’s registered mobile number and e-mail id (if registered in UIDAI & authenticated by OTP). This message specifies the acknowledgement number.